Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 2: Exciting Things and Teamwork

Things that excite me:
  1. When a story (it doesn't matter what kind or how it is published--original work, fanwork, comic, online, printed and bound) I follow updates.
  2. Meeting people that are passionate about what they do, and getting to know them beyond the superficial hello-I'm-Lisa-an-econ-major-what-about-you? and the rather eye-raising one-upping strangers have a propensity for.
  3. Food: the creation of and ingestion of. Finding new recipes that work is always a joy, and I hope to rapidly expand my repertoire in the near and far future.
You might wonder how all of this fits into the semester-long project, or into startup culture in general. My interests do not perfectly map over to this class, but they are important. While I would not want to, for instance, propose a food delivery startup (of which there are many), I would be quite interested in any company involved with the presentation or distribution of stories, artwork--something of the sort.

This is not to say that I would not be open to a project focusing on some other subject. I would be, depending on the individuals involved. I currently work at a startup, and it is particularly evident to me that teamwork is critical to the success of the organization. What is important to me is that the people I work with are passionate and believe in what they are doing. Some words of advice (common sense, some might scoff), but there is nothing worse than trying to sell something you do not believe in.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, I really enjoy reading your blog! I believe there are definitely some amazing overlaps between creative art, technology and business. I'd love to meet you personally in the class to talk more about the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! I had a look at your blog too and think it's really awesome that you have product experience and are a double CS major. It would be my pleasure to talk in person.

      Delete
  2. Hello Lisa! First of all I love how different your blog post is for this week. It caught me off guard but I love it! Food also excites me and I always look forward to trying new recipes. I think it is awesome that you work for a startup and I think you are fortunate enough to figure out how critical teamwork is to the success of the organization. I would love to meet you this next class and maybe one day we can trade recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! I'd love to trade recipes! Here's something I enjoy making when I have the downtime: http://www.chowhound.com/recipes/easy-beef-stew-30301 It's a beef stew and takes 2-3 hours to prepare and cook, but completely worth it. I usually make it with my roommate, putting those teamwork skills to good use.

      Delete
  3. Hey Lisa, I also love food. Excites me a lot. What are your favorite dishes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really original post! I also love going beyond the traditional small talk with people and making long-lasting true relationships. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete